SCOTLAND HIGH SCHOOL
POLICY ON SCHOOL CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- All SHS district polices must be followed.
- The topics/content of club’s and/or their meetings must not be unlawful or interfere with the orderly conduct of educational activities within the school.
- Club membership must be open to all students
- Fundraisers must be approved by administration prior to the fundraiser.
- Clubs must hold a minimum of one meeting/event per semester to remain an active club. Clubs will be considered extinct and deleted from SHS lists if there is no club activity for 1 calendar year.
- If clubs are removed due to inactivity, they must resubmit and application to become active again.
IN ORDER TO INSURE THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE INVOLVED, THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES MUST BE FOLLOWED TO HAVE A CLUB APPROVED BY SHS.
- Submit a club proposal to the administrative team.
- The proposal must…
- Be typed
- Include the name that club will use
- Include the name of the state/national organization sponsoring/advising the club
- Name the advisor (must be a current staff member)
- Include a paragraph describing the club’s academic purpose
- Include a paragraph describing the club’s community involvement goals
- Include a statement that enrollment/participation is open to ALL students at SHS
- Outline the application process
- Include a copy of the application
- Define the leadership selection process and the duties of each position
- List times and locations of proposed meetings
- Describe/list what activities will be carried out at these meetings
- Describe/list any special meetings or trips the club may be planning
- Describe what basic rules your club will have…
- What behaviors constitute dismissal from the club
- Attendance/participation requirements
- How meetings will be conducted
- Include a list of staff advisor duties and responsibilities
- The proposed club advisor must sign the advisor duties sheet and attach it to your proposal.
Once approved, the club members and advisors shall establish a constitution and set of bylaws. The club advisor should keep a current notebook to include copies of applicable policy, the Constitution, Bylaws, and all other club documents. All money raised through dues, sales, fundraisers, donations, etc. must be turned into the school bookkeeper to be kept in the club account. All deposits and expenditures must go through the school accountant.