Welcome to Laurel Hill Elementary's Home Page! We hope that you find all the information that you need about out school and enjoy our celebrations. We are very proud of our school and we want to make sure we do whatever is necessary to make our school GREAT everyday!
Maggie WellsBeing a part of the Laurel Hill staff and community as the Assistant Principal is an exciting privilege. It is great to be a part of a school with such a tradition of academic excellence and community pride. We will do our best each day to ensure that Laurel Hill continues to be a place where teachers love to teach, students love to learn and parents love to send their children!Marvin SmithWelcome to our Laurel Hill Leopards page! I am Marvin Smith, and I am excited about being an Assistant Principal at Laurel Hill Elementary. I am in my 17th year in education, and my third year as an administrator. I recently relocated to Laurel Hill from Asheville, NC, but I grew up here in Scotland County and went to the old Laurel Hill Primary. It's wonderful to be home, and I look forward to being part of such a close-knit community. I am proud to be a member of a team that focuses on the whole child, not only through academics but also socially and emotionally. In my vision of student learning I do my best to ensure that all students are afforded the opportunity to actively participate in challenging and engaging experiences that help them become productive, responsible citizens. In order for this to be a success we need open communication. Please know that I am here for everyone and don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or celebrations you might like to share. I am always available, please feel free to email me or leave me a voicemail at any time.
The Dream TeamDress Code Reminders:
Please be mindful of our school dress policies:
Thank you for helping us to maintain a learning environment that is safe and free from distractions for all students.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses must be of reasonable length – at least as long as a child’s outstretch fingertips held by their side (as well as tops worn over tights and/or leggings).
- No clothing which reveals a child's midriff is allowed.
- Sleeveless tops must be at least three fingertips wide. Spaghetti straps and any type of halter tops are not allowed. Muscle shirts with wide cutouts on the sides are not allowed.
- Clothing with holes, tears, or "see through" areas shall follow the dress code as stated above. Therefore, no skin should be visible above the fingertip measurement.
- For your child’s safety, shoes or sandals (even with socks) must have a back strap.