Welcome to Laurel Hill Elementary's Home Page! We hope that you find all the information that you need about out school and enjoy our celebrations. We are very proud of our school and we want to make sure we do whatever is necessary to make our school GREAT everyday!
The first time I walked into Laurel Hill Elementary, I knew it was a special place for both students and adults. My own daughter, Bailey, attended Laurel Hill so I am familiar with this community and the rich tradition of excellence found here. As I begin my 27th year in education, the excitement for learning and student success is still present. Thank you for trusting me and the other members of this amazing school faculty with your precious child. It is an honor to educate, protect and love our students each and every day. My roots in Scotland County are deep and I strive to give back that love and support to the future of our community. I love being a Leopard!Marvin SmithDress Code Reminders:
Please be mindful of our school dress policies:
Thank you for helping us to maintain a learning environment that is safe and free from distractions for all students.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses must be of reasonable length – at least as long as a child’s outstretch fingertips held by their side (as well as tops worn over tights and/or leggings).
- No clothing which reveals a child's midriff is allowed.
- Sleeveless tops must be at least three fingertips wide. Spaghetti straps and any type of halter tops are not allowed. Muscle shirts with wide cutouts on the sides are not allowed.
- Clothing with holes, tears, or "see through" areas shall follow the dress code as stated above. Therefore, no skin should be visible above the fingertip measurement.
- For your child’s safety, shoes or sandals (even with socks) must have a back strap.