Our mission is to empower students for successful participation in a highly technological society by providing 21st Century skills necessary to become an effective worker and citizen in an ever-changing global economy.
Our vision is to be recognized as an integral part of the entire educational experience that is paramount to student achievement, future career success, and self-sustainability.
We are committed to
- Preparing students to be college and career ready by providing core academic skills, employability skills and technical, job-specific skills.
- Preparing students for postsecondary education in a career cluster and lifelong learning.
- Preparing students for initial and continued employment.
- Assisting students in making informed educational and career decisions.
- Applying and reinforcing related learning from other disciplines.
- Assisting students in developing decision-making, communication, problem-solving, leadership, and citizenship skills.
- Preparing students to make informed consumer decisions and apply practical life skills.
Scotland County Schools and its Career and Technical Education Programs do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its activites and programs, including employment policies and practices. In compliance with federal law, Scotland County Schools admininsters all state and federally operated edcuational programs, employment activities, and admissions without discrimination because of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, color age, military service, disability or gender except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law. Inquiries or complaints should be directed to Nicole Sinclair (ADA - Americans with Disabilities Act), Mrs. Jamie Synan (Section 504), Dr. Michael Riles (Title IX) or Dr. Dannie Williams (Human Resources).
Scotland County Schools, 322 South Main Street, Laurinburg, NC 28352, (910) 276-1138