Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching with Scotland County Schools.
**Scotland County Schools will not be accepting any more applications for Substitute Teaching after the February 10, 2020, Board Meeting. We will start taking Substitute Teaching applications again for the 2020-2021 school year in August 2020.Tips For Being A Successful Substitute TeacherBefore Class Begins:
What are the requirements to become a Substitute Teacher? You must have at least a High School Diploma along with the Effective Substitute Teacher Training (Individuals with a NC Teaching License do not have to complete the Effective Substitute Teacher Training)
- How do i get the Effective Substitute Teacher Training? Please click here → Effective Substitute Teacher Training
- If I am a retired teacher/or a teacher no longer working what do i need to do to become a substitute teacher? Please come see Sara Wilkerson at the A.B. Gibson Center
- Dress professionally and be well groomed.
- Be on time. Report at least 15 minutes prior to your assigned time.
- If you are unable to fulfill the assignment previously agreed to, notify the school contact person immediately.
- Sign in at the office upon arrival.
- Locate the teacher's substitute packet. Take time to review the information contained in this packet.
After Class Ends:
- Always follow the teacher's lesson plans as closely as possible.
- Keep accurate attendance reports.
- Familiarize yourself with fire and emergency instructions.
- Introduce yourself to the class and write your name on the board.
- Learn as many of the students' names as possible.
- Be ethical and professional at all times in relationships with students, staff, and parents. (Never use abusive language or discuss your personal life with students.)
- Enrich the instructional program with information that is pertinent to the students' subject.
- Remember that professional matters should be discussed only with those who administer and supervise your teaching.
- Remain with the class at all times. Do not leave students unsupervised.
- Remember that all injuries or cases of illness occurring during the day must be reported to the principal or his designee immediately.
- Remember that you are expected to fulfill any duty assigned by the contact person.
- Leave your name, phone number, and a brief report of the day's activity for the regular teacher's use.
Daily Rates of Pay for Substitute TeachersThe following table list the daily rates of pay for Substitute Teachers:Class ACurrent Teaching Certificate
- Make sure the classroom, equipment, and records are left in order when you leave.
- Let school administrators know if any problems arose that may need intervention. Serious occurrences must be reported as soon as possible.
- Return keys and materials to teacher's mailbox or contact person.
- Check with the contact person to see if you will be needed the next day.
(Copy must be on file in Human Resources Office)$103.00Class BNo Teaching Certificate$80.00