• Dispute Resolution

    From time to time, disagreements between families and schools may occur regarding the development and implementation a student’s individualized education program (IEP). It is highly recommended that the following steps be considered in order to resolve differences quickly.

    Address at the classroom level, next address at the school level. If you still have concerns contact the EC Director

    Classroom Level- communicate concerns to your child's teachers

    School Level- each Scotland County school has an Exceptional Children's Services Facilitator that can assist in addressing any concerns or reach out to the Principal of the school

    District Level- call the Exceptional Children's department at (910) 276-1138 ext. 322